PAN PACIFIC INTERIORS CORP.
The company was incorporated in 2014 & took almost a year to set up due to power & equipment issues.
- 2015 was our real first complete year of business
- 2016 was a year of expansion and growth for the company
- We completed the David International Fair and the response was tremendous
- We added new offices to the mezzanine area freeing up space for a full show room at our David manufacturing plant
- We expanded our sales area with projects now successfully complete in Boca Chica and Bocas del Toro.
- We have added a computerized edge banding machine to shop in April 2016.
- 2017 showed an increase in sales and market share
- The creation and implementation of detailed procedures and company systems was completed in the beginning of 2017.
- The company surpassed the projected sales targets in 2017.
- 2018 has seen continued growth with increased sales in all areas of the company.
- The company once again surpassed our 2018 sales targets.
- We expanded our sales region to now include, all the Chiriqui Province, Boca Chica, Bocas del Toro, Coronado and Pedasi and surrounding area
- 2019 has been our most exciting year yet
- We had our new business partner, Byron Whitson, join our team late in the year. Byron brings great industry knowledge along with a high degree of business management skills and experience.
- We added a new automated Panel Saw to our production facility
- We upgraded our site equipment
- Additional staff was added to support increases in sales
- 2020 will be an amazing year for Pan Pacific Corp. (PPI)
- Claire Whitson has joined the PPI team bringing extensive marketing, organizational and client service skills to the company.
- We are adding a new showroom on the Pan American Hwy at the Swiss Plaza.
- We have purchased new laser measuring equipment that communicates directly with our CNC equipment for highly accurate fitting.
Pan Pacific Interiors is a systematized and structured company with documented procedures and a stable and growing client base. We design and manufacture North American / European quality and style kitchens, bathrooms and closet cabinets as well as stone counter tops. The company serves the local and national market in Panama. We provide all our clients with fast, reliable, premium quality cabinets, and stone countertops manufactured right here in David. All our work is performed on computer-controlled CNC machinery for fast and accurate results.
Pan Pacific Interiors is a company known for reliable service, consistently delivering quality products on time and beyond our client’s expectations. The company’s quality, consistency and service are what sets us apart.
All our cabinets are constructed with 19mm moisture and insect rated premium quality plywood core melamine. Our door and drawer hardware are exclusive to Pan Pacific Interiors and are purchased directly from the manufacturer. We provide 3D working drawings with all our cabinet designs to ensure we are proving exactly what the client expects. This software then connects directly to the CNC equipment producing quick and accurate results. All our cabinets come with a 5-year written warranty and will outperform anything on the market.
In addition to cabinets and stone counter tops the company distributes Vinyl Plank Flooring from our David warehouse. Vinyl plank flooring is completely water and insect proof, making it an excellent alternative to tile which is the most widely used flooring product in Panama. The finish and texture options ensure the perfect look with any decor.
We also have sales distribution agreements with a large high-end appliance dealer and a sink and faucet company that are based out of Panama City. Pan Pacific Interiors is truly a one stop shop for your home interior renovation needs.
Claire and I had been considering immigrating from South Africa for a number of years and finally decided to look at Panama towards the end of 2018. We arrived in March 2019 for a 2 week holiday, with our two children, to not only explore Panama but to also initiate our residency program. Along with the exploration, we also met with James and Barbara Bradley to discuss a potential partnership investment into their business, Pan Pacific Interiors (PPI).
We found that PPI was founded on strong business ethics and principles and a vision for expansion and continuous improvement, not only from a product perspective but more importantly, a customer service perspective.
Immediately upon on our return to South Africa we knew that immigrating to Panama and joining the PPI business would be the best decision for our family. We were also very confident that we could add value to the business through our collective experience. Claire and I had both worked for Avis Budget car rental for the past 23 years and had gained valuable skills through the various positions held at Avis Budget. Claire had achieved high recognition in her last role of Strategic Account Manager for some of the largest corporate customers of Avis Budget and that, along with a degree in Consumer Science, stands her in good stead in terms of the administration required to manage customer processes in PPI. Claire had also started her own business importing medical care bracelets from Australia and distributing to the pharmacy network in South Africa along with creating an online sales port for the general public.
I had filled various management positions over the years from operations to finance, my last role being Senior Procurement Manager for Avis Budget. Along with this I had also been running a custom made furniture and cabinetry business for the last 15 years, which is something that I really wanted to pursue permanently but found it very difficult to undertake in South Africa due to the failing economy and political uncertainty, even though I had a great client base. So it goes without saying that the opportunity in Panama and, more specifically, buying shares into PPI was definitely our future.
We started the process of selling everything up in South Africa and resigned from Avis. I moved to Panama first in October 2019 so that I could find a house and prepare for my family’s arrival in December 2019. It is now the end of January 2020 and we can confidently say that, as a family, we have made the right choice, while there is still a lot to get used to, we are very excited to be working alongside James and Barbara and contributing to the future of PPI as we aim to be the best cabinetry and stone/granite supplier/installer in Panama.